Can Tho (VNA) – The Hungarian government will assist the Mekong Delta city of Can Tho in building a new Can Tho Oncology Hospital and establishing an oncology training centre for the Mekong Delta region in the near future.
It was informed by Director of the municipal Department of External Affairs Pham The Vinh during his working session with the municipal People’s Committee on March 15.
Earlier, the Can Tho Oncology Hospital and the National Institute of Oncology of Hungary signed a framework agreement on offering advice about the former’s new model and operations as well as providing training for technical and management staff via opening an oncology training centre for the Mekong Delta.
Once the centre goes into operation, it will welcome experts from the institute coming for lectures and technology transfer while Can Tho medical staff specialised in oncology will be sent to the institute for training.
Earlier, the two governments signed a framework agreement on providing a preferential loan worth 60 million EUR for the construction of the 500-bed Can Tho Oncology Hospital and equip it with modern equipment.
Deputy Director of the municipal Health Department Cao Minh Chu said the construction will begin this year.-VNA
- Work starts on modern cancer hospital in Can Tho (18.10.2017)
- Even short-term oral steroids come with risks (28.06.2017)
- Health Minister requests promptly clarifying medical incident’s cause (01.06.2017)
- VN Pharma Sector Optimistic (24.05.2017)
- Iodised salt for food processing is necessary: experts (22.03.2017)
- Contributing to medicine by donating medical records (23.02.2017)
- Between love and duty: How can HCPs deal with broken promises due to medical emergencies (14.01.2017)